Stage 1 GIAC software calibrations for the 2013 B8.5 S4 are NOW Available!
GIAC Stage 1 software calibrations, compatible with factory exhaust and intake systems, are now available for the 2013 Audi B8.5 S4 & S5 models that utilize Simos 8.51 ECUs. This software calibration offers dramatic improvements over the factory software, while retaining OEM-like drivability. We are proud to be the first ECU calibrator to offer a true software recalibration for these vehicles utilizing on-the-fly, switchable modes.
- Improved wheel horsepower and torque gains at 65 - 70 HP & 30 - 35 Ft. / Lbs. of torque, on 91 octane fuel.
- Estimated wheel gains as high as 63 horsepower and 51 Ft. / Lbs. of torque in some areas of the power band (up to the OEM rev limiter of 6500 RPM).
- Properly recalibrated air/fuel ratios and maximized boost pressures.
- Improved throttle response for a drive-by-cable system feel.
- Raised speed limiters to factory redline in final drive gear
- Included stock, race and valet modes, in addition to a GIAC Handheld Program Switcher with purchase.
MSRP for all options and a handheld program switcher is $1500.00. GIAC will be on hand to install this software application at the Big SoCal Euro event this Saturday, November 17, 2012. After that and until further notice, all ECUs will need to be sent to GIAC for programming.
Listed below are the ECU part numbers we have currently completed software for:
- 8K5907551C (USDM)
- 8K5907551E (USDM)
Dynamometer test results from an MD-500 Mustang dyno are included here. The graph plots power tests (wheel HP and TQ) for a 2013 S5. The red line denotes a completely stock S5 with OEM software, exhaust, intake and charge cooler, on 91 octane. The blue line denotes the same S5 with GIAC 91 octane Stage 1 software, OEM exhaust, intake and charge cooler, on 91 octane. All runs performed on the same day.
Here are the power gains across the entire power band over stock. NOTE: Power under the curve across the powerband is only measured up to the OEM rev limiter of 6500 RPM.