THE LATEST NEWS FROM GIAC
GIAC Software for 2011 Porsche 997.2 Turbo GT2RS Applications is Now Available
GIAC software calibrations for use with factory exhaust and intercoolers are now available for the 2011 Porsche 997.2 Turbo GT2RS. This software calibration offers a few dramatic improvements over the factory performance software upgrade. Special thanks to GMG Racing for providing the test car!
- Improved wheel horsepower and torque gains at 40 hp & 50 ft lbs of torque with factory intercoolers and exhaust, on 91 octane fuel. Gains with GIAC Race mode and 100 octane fuel using aforementioned factory components are 60 hp & 85 ft lbs of torque at the wheels.
- Lowered exhaust gas temperature levels
- Improved throttle response for a drive-by-cable system feel.
- Raised speed limiters to factory redline in final drive gear.
- Included stock, 100 octane Race, Anti-Theft, and Valet valet modes, as well as a handheld switcher with purchase.
Dynamometer test results from an MD-500 Mustang dyno are included here. The graph plots power tests (wheel HP and TQ) for a 2011 Porsche 997.2 Turbo GT2RS. The red line denotes a completely stock Porsche 997.2 GT2RS with OEM software, exhaust and intercoolers, on 91 octane. The green line denotes the same Porsche 997.2 GT2RS with GIAC 91 octane software, OEM exhaust and OEM intercoolers, on 91 octane. The blue line denotes the same Porsche 997.2 GT2RS with GIAC 100 octane race software, OEM exhaust and OEM intercoolers, on 100 octane. MSRP for the GIAC software including the Flashloader Handheld Switcher and all available switching options is $4000.00. This GIAC software calibration can be installed by any GIAC authorized dealer. Customers are advised to call ahead to ensure that their local dealer is ready to flash this specific application.