GIAC Stage 1 Plus adds horsepower, torque and more throttle response throughout the power band.
This calibration is compatible with vehicles that have no other upgrades to basic "bolt-ons". an inter-cooler upgrades will help to achieve optimum performance gains.
OEM Horsepower and Torque
252 HP 243 Ft-Lbs
GIAC Pump Mode*
325 HP 330 Ft-Lbs
GIAC Race Mode**
340 HP 350 Ft-Lbs
HP and Torque figures are average engine estimates derived from wheel power and acceleration testing. * 91 (r+m)/2 or 95 RON fuel compatible. 93 (r+m)/2 or 98 RON equivalent fuel for optimum results. ** 104 RON fuel compatible. 109 RON equivalent fuel for optimum results.
GIAC DSG software optimizes launch control, shift speed, smooth gear transitions and torque limiter features for the MQB platform. Matching this program with the GIAC engine calibration will give the best results. GIAC DSG Features:
- Increased linearity on part throttle input, nearly to 1:1 input between accelerator pedal and throttle plate.
- Faster, smoother transitions between gears at part and wide open throttle.
- Part throttle torque limiters for shifts removed to alleviate potential hard shifting due to exceeding torque limit (alleviates “EPC limp mode” issues specific to this as well).
- Launch control limiter set at 3500 RPM for FWD models / 3700 - 4500 for AWD models ( platform dependent ).
- Launch control torque limits removed allowing full power launching and full clutch clamping pressure with launch control.
- Hard rev limiters set at stock limits.
- Remapped drive mode "drive plus program" with recalibrated shift logic and slightly more aggressive gear holding points.
- Full clutch clamping pressure at wide open throttle allows for 100% power delivery to the ground.
- Optimized torque limits to better match increased engine power with ECU performance software.
- Improved clutch pack transitions between shifts for cleaner shift feel.
- Manual mode kick-down disabled / Auto upshift still enabled.
- Improved upshift/downshift paddle response time.
- Optimized transmission overheat protection.
GIAC's Flashloader Handheld Switcher allows users to switch between GIAC-tuned software programs with the touch of a button. The product is a pocket-sized,hand-held device that plugs directly into the OBD port. It uses serial flashing technology and requires no additional hardware within the DME.
Switching is performed by selecting the desired mode with the touch buttons. Cycling the ignition will save the new mode to the ECU's memory and retain its state until switched again.
GIAC PRODUCTS ARE INTENDED FOR CLOSED COURSE COMPETITION. UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED THEY ARE "LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA ONLY FOR RACING VEHICLES WHICH MAY NEVER BE USED, OR REGISTERED OR LICENSED FOR USE, UPON A HIGHWAY." ( PER CARB ) Please read our important waranty and disclaimer notices for more information.