GIAC's performance DSG software truly optimizes the launch control,
shift and torque limiter features:
* Launch control: GIAC DSG programming will offer three launch
control options at 3200 RPM, 3700 RPM (default setting and
recommended for fastest time on street tires), and 4200 RPM.
* Shift points: Stock programming shifts between 6400-6600 RPM. GIAC
Performance DSG programming smoothly shifts at 7200 RPM in manual
mode (matching the GIAC 7250 RPM engine flash rev limiter) and at
~7100 RPM in sport/drive mode. Note: Some motor calibrations will
have a lower shift limiter to match their corresponding programmed
engine rev limiter.
* Shift Speed: Overall shift speeds are faster and down-shift revs
match more closely. Sport mode programming grabs quickly and keeps
you in gear at low speeds.
* Shift Indicator: Sport mode now as an added shift indicator
function, showing which gear is engaged. (available on R32 at this time)
* Torque limiter: The torque limiter is increased from 100-200 Nm
allowing more power to the wheels and faster shifts.
GIAC's two stages of DSG software truly optimize launch control, shift and torque limiter features for the end users performance modifications. Matching this program with the GIAC engine calibration will give the best results. * Faster, smoother transitions between gears
* Launch control limiter set at 3700 RPM
* Hard rev limiters slightly bumped over stock to be compatible with most aftermarket tunes
* Remapped sport mode "drive program" with improved ability to hold gears and overheating protection
* No automatic kick down in manual mode
* Increased torque limits set to over 500 nM
GIAC's Flashloader Handheld Switcher allows users to switch between GIAC-tuned software programs with the touch of a button. The product is a pocket-sized,hand-held device that plugs directly into the OBD port. It uses serial flashing technology and requires no additional hardware within the DME.
Switching is performed by selecting the desired mode with the touch buttons. Cycling the ignition will save the new mode to the ECU's memory and retain its state until switched again.