GIAC Stage 1 Plus adds horsepower, torque and more throttle response throughout the power band.
This calibration is compatible with vehicles that have no other upgrades to basic "bolt-ons". Good intake, exhaust, and inter-cooler upgrades, as well as a GIAC transmission flash will improve performance.
OEM Horsepower and Torque
296 HP 280 Ft-Lbs
GIAC Pump Mode*
350 HP 350 Ft-Lbs
GIAC Race Mode**
365 HP 365 Ft-Lbs
HP and Torque figures are average engine estimates derived from wheel power and acceleration testing. * 98 RON equivalent fuel for optimum results. ** 106 RON equivalent fuel for optimum results.
GIAC's two stages of DSG software truly optimize launch control, shift and torque limiter features for the end users performance modifications. Matching this program with the GIAC engine calibration will give the best results.
- Increased linearity on part throttle input, nearly to 1:1 input between accelerator pedal and throttle plate
- Faster, smoother transitions between gears at part and wide open throttle
- Part throttle torque limiters for shifts removed to alleviate potential hard shifting due to exceeding torque limit (alleviates â€œEPC limp modeâ€? issues specific to this as well)
- Launch control limiter set at 3500 RPM for FWD models / 3700 - 4500 for AWD models ( platform dependent )
- Launch control torque limits removed allowing full power launching and full clutch clamping pressure with launch control
- Hard rev limiters set at stock limits
- Remapped drive mode "drive plus program" with recalibrated shift logic and slightly more aggressive gear holding points
- Full clutch clamping pressure at wide open throttle allows for 100% power delivery to the ground
- Optimized torque limits to better match increased engine power with ECU performance software
- Improved clutch pack transitions between shifts for cleaner shift feel
- Manual mode kick-down disabled / Auto upshift still enabled
- Improved upshift/downshift paddle response time
- Optimized transmission overheat protection
The GIAC Flashloader Mobile (FLM) Device is a new tool that allows enthusiasts to load or remove GIAC performance programs on to their vehicle. The FLM is pocket-sized, durable and does not require a laptop or PC during the flash. Files and commands are stored on a USB memory stick, that can be customized by the end user, to convert the device from flashing tool, to logger, to performance mode switcher, to code clearer or to some combination of each.
Hand Held Flashloader Switcher
GIAC's Flashloader Handheld Switcher allows users to switch between GIAC-tuned software programs with the touch of a button. The product is a pocket-sized,hand-held device that plugs directly into the OBD port. It uses serial flashing technology and requires no additional hardware within the DME.
Switching is performed by selecting the desired mode with the touch buttons. Cycling the ignition will save the new mode to the ECU's memory and retain its state until switched again.