THE LATEST NEWS FROM GIAC
NEW MK V R32 and 2.0TFSI DSG SOFTWARE FROM GIAC
GIAC is proud to announce the release of its DSG transmission
software for the MK V R32 and 2.0TFSI. This software complements
GIAC performance engine software and is installed in minutes using
the same GIAC flashing tools through the OBDII port. Installation
of the GIAC product does not require removal of the DSG computer from the car.
GIAC's performance DSG software truly optimizes the launch control,
shift and torque limiter features:
* Launch control: GIAC DSG programming will offer three launch
control options at 3200 RPM, 3700 RPM (default setting and
recommended for fastest time on street tires), and 4200 RPM.
* Shift points: Stock programming shifts between 6400-6600 RPM. GIAC
Performance DSG programming smoothly shifts at 7200 RPM in manual
mode (matching the GIAC 7250 RPM engine flash rev limiter) and at
~7100 RPM in sport/drive mode. Note: Some motor calibrations will
have a lower shift limiter to match their corresponding programmed
engine rev limiter.
* Shift Speed: Overall shift speeds are faster and down-shift revs
match more closely. Sport mode programming grabs quickly and keeps
you in gear at low speeds.
* Shift Indicator: Sport mode now as an added shift indicator
function, showing which gear is engaged. (available on R32 at this time)
* Torque limiter: The torque limiter is increased from 100-200 Nm
allowing more power to the wheels and faster shifts.
Introductory MSRP is $450 for the DSG flash. Features may vary
based on model and engine configuration.