GIAC software is now available for the BMW models equipped with high output N20 and N26 2.0L Turbocharged engines.
GIAC software is now available for the BMW models equipped with high output N20 and N26 2.0L Turbocharged engines. This software calibration accommodates 91-93 octane fuel, as well as the factory exhaust and intake system. While retaining smooth drivability, the program offers dramatic and consistent power improvements throughout the entire power band over the OEM software. On 91 octane fuel, gains are as high as 47 wheel HP and 64 ft. / lbs. wheel torque in some areas of the power band. Peak gains are 32 horsepower and 59 ft. /lbs. of torque at four wheels over stock, on 91 octane fuel.
Notable features include the following:
- properly recalibrated air/fuel ratios
- improved throttle response for a drive-by-cable system feel
- optimized torque control for smoother, faster shifting
- smoothed power curve for greater linear acceleration
- improved part throttle drivability
The new high security DME Bosch MEVD17.2.X of the F-series BMW Turbo equipped models prompted GIAC's development of an entirely new proprietary flashing protocol for this product line, requiring ECUs to be bench flashed at an authorized GIAC software installer. MSRP for the software is $700.00 USD (does not include taxes or installation fees).Â Contact your local GIAC dealer for additional information and final pricing.
Engine platforms to be supported:
- N26B20 (stock: 241 hp, 258 ft. /lbs.) [U.S. models, available now]
- N20B20 (stock: 154 – 241 hp, 177 – 258 ft. /lbs.) [Int'l 241 hp version supported currently]
- N20B16 (stock: 168 hp, 184 ft. /lbs.) [In development]
Dynamometer test results from an MD-500 Mustang dyno are included here. The graph plots power tests (wheel HP and TQ) for a 2014 F30 BMW 328i Steptronic. The red line denotes a completely stock 328i Steptronic with OEM software, exhaust, intake and intercooler, on 91 octane. The blue and green lines denote two different runs for the same 328i Steptronic with GIAC 91 octane software, OEM exhaust, OEM intake and OEM charge cooler, also on 91 octane.