THE LATEST NEWS FROM GIAC
GIAC software calibrations for the 2009 and later VW ® 2.5 liter engines are now available!
GIAC is proud to introduce performance software for the 2010-2013 MK6 Golf®, Jetta® and Passat® models equipped with the 2.5L inline five cylinder. Horsepower increases 7-10 peak hp and peak torque increases 5-9 ft/lbs at the crank on California’s 91 octane. Customers using 93 octane could see gains up to 12 hp and a 12 ft. /lbs. of torque. Other improvements include better throttle response and the removal of engine braking lag and speed limiter found in the OEM software. On manual transmission equipped cars, engine redline has been raised from 6300 to 6700 RPM.
2010 6AT Golf 2.5L - 91 Octane Mustang MD500 dyno test:
2010 6AT Golf 2.5L - 91 Octane Gains Over Stock:
Other notable features include the following:
- Properly recalibrated air/fuel ratios
- Dramatically improved throttle response for a drive-by-cable system feel (throttle delay removed)
- Raised speed limiters to factory redline in final drive gear
- Optimized torque control for smoother, faster shifting with consistent power across all gears
- No ECU removal required. 100% OBD2 port flash installation
MSRP for the GIAC software is $400.00. This GIAC software can be installed by any GIAC authorized dealer. Customers are advised to call ahead to ensure that their local dealer is ready to flash this specific application.